The scientific committee comprises one member with scientific competence from each member country appointed by the NCU Board after recommendations from the national cancer societies.
The tasks of the committee are:
- to assess the scientific quality of research projects in connection with applications for funding
- to secure that the applications are aligned with the NCU research strategy
- to formulate recommendations regarding the applications to the NCU Board for their decisions on grants
- to give consultation regarding strategic research projects to the NCU Board for their decisions on grants
- to evaluate funded research and follow-up on the application of the results in the Nordic countries
The scientific committee is invited to an annual meeting and to the meeting for the Committee of Representatives held every third year.
Members of the NCU Scientific Committee 2019-2021
Klaus Elenius, Phd, Professor of medical biochemistry, University of Turku
Klas Kärre, Phd, Professor of Molecular Immunology, Dept of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institute
Tom K. Grimsrud, ph.d., Senior Researcher, Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population-based Cancer Research, Dep. of Research
From Faroe Islands:
Johan Paulsen, Consultant urologist, Department of Urology, Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark and Part time consultant urologist Kings College Hospital, London
Eirikur Steingrimsson, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of medicine, University of Iceland
Elsebeth Lynge, Professor, mag.scient.soc, Department of Public Health , University of Copenhagen